Three years ago you were my best friend. I couldn't wait to get away from home so I could talk to you, be with you.
You were my first love, the first time I ever thought that someone could love me. And that was all I needed to be yours.
You knew my dreams, my thought, my ambitions. You gave me your jacket, you held my hand. And for a few minutes we looked at the stars and talked about heaven.
I loved when you'd slip notes, full of pretty words into my hand. We'd spend hours on the phone, just talking about life.
You told me you loved me.
Then you broke my heart, when you broke my trust.
We fell apart.
Years have passed and now
You still tell me you love me, but I see your faults in the things you do, that you didn't do then.
Then- when you were my hero.
I wish that the little box of notes and memories would go away, so I never have to think about you again and have to experience in a single moment the good times and the pain that you caused me.
I think that I have learned my lesson.
I still think about you, but I don't love you. That was years ago.
"I still think about you, but I don't love you."
ReplyDeleteWish I could say this...